A deal is a workspace for a specific property to collaborate with clients, agents, and other real estate professionals. There are two sides to the deal, the buying team and the listing team. As an agent, you will choose a side to add clients and team members, create and share forms using Mevi Smart Contracts, or upload documents to the deal.
Create a deal
- Create by;
- Tapping the "+' next to My Deals on the agent dashboard or My Deal page
- Enter the property address.
- Optional: enter a special name for the deal, the default deal name is also the property address. Note: the deal name is visible to everyone invited to the deal.
- Select if you are representing your client as a Buyer Agent, Seller Agent, or Transaction Broker.
- Note: If you chose the wrong side of the team, you can switch sides by editing the deal side in the action menu.
- Press Add Deal!
Adding clients to the deal
Adding one or more clients to a deal is done by:
- Tapping the "+' next to the buyer or seller section according to which side of the deal you are representing.
- Add an existing client from your client list or enter a new email to invite a new client to Mevi.
- When adding a new client to Mevi and they do not have a display name, you will need to enter in a display name.
- The client will receive an email invitation to the deal. Once they accept the invitation, they will have a view of the deal. If they reject, you will get an activities notification, and they will no longer be on the deal.
- Press continue!
Adding agents to the deal
Adding an agent to a deal is done by:
- Tapping the "+' next to the Buying or Listing Team Section.
- Add a team member, a connection, or add a new agent with their email.
- If you want to add a team member, tap the "+" next to My Team.
- If you want to add just a connection, tap the "+" next to My Connections.
- Select their persona in the dropdown menu;
- My Team personas;
- Showing Assistance
- Sales Assistance
- Transaction Coordinator
- Office Admin
- Connection Personas;
- Title Sales Rep
- Closing Agent
- Closing Coordinator
- Insurance Agent
- Note: You can add a connection to your business by checking the box "add to my business".
- My Team personas;
- Press continue!
Adding a form is done by:
- Tapping the "+' next to Form on the deal detail page.
- Select the type of form from the template list.
- Either create a new one using the Mevi Smart Contracts or upload your own.
Note: adding forms with the Mevi Smart Contract technology is only available in limited markets. Learn more
Types of deal statuses
New - a deal is just created and no forms have been shared with clients or agents.
Shared -a form has been shared with clients or a team member on the same side of the deal.
Active - a form is shared across to the other side of the deal.
Under Contract - the contract to buy and sell form or counterproposal form has been executed by the buyer and seller.
Closed - a deal has reached its closing deadline or manually closed by the agent.
Terminated - a deal has been terminated by either the buying or selling team.
Archived - the creator of the deal has archived the deal.
Closing a Deal
On closing day, an automatic display will confirm that the deal has closed. The agent can also manually close the deal from the 3-dot action menu on deal detail at any time. All parties involved will get an updated email.
Terminating a deal
To terminate a deal, click on the 3-dot action menu on the deal detail page. Once you press terminate, Mevi will ask you to create or upload the termination paperwork, or the agent can manually terminate the deal. All parties involved will get an updated email.