Whether you are an agent already using Mevi or brand new to the platform, our offer workflow experience is made to be as frictionless as possible.
An offer workflow starts when the buying team invites an agent to the listing team to a deal, attached with a Contract to Buy and Sell form. The listing agent will receive an email and an in-app notification if the agent already has the app downloaded.
In the email invitation click on the button "View Invitation" where you will be taken to the deal detail page. There will be an invitation waiting for you to accept, once you accept you will be able to review the offer.
We've outlined below what you can do once when you accepted the invitation to the deal;
- Review the offer
- Share with your client
- Sign the offer
- Download a pdf version
- Create a counterproposal
Reviewing the offer
There are few ways to view the terms of the offer;
On the deal detail page click on the Contract to Buy and Sell form card, then on the form summary page you can view the terms by;
- Tapping on the 3-dot action menu on the top right corner to select;
- Review, View Form, View Form (PDF).
- Or for a quicker way, click on the "Review" button on the form summary page to open the Mevi Smart Review.
- Toggle between views using the toolbar;
Example of toggling between form view
Mevi Smart View
Using Mevi Smart View is great for reading through the terms on any device. The form is broken down into sections to easily read through.
Mevi Smart View Example
This is a great way for you to see the full contract with all the fields in place without having to download a PDF copy.
If the listing agent wishes to download the PDF, they can do so by tapping the PDF icon and downloading the pdf.
Example of downloading a PDF
Note: if the seller's name(s) are not correct on the form, the listing agent can correct the name if they have editing permissions. See below.
Editing fields on the Contract to Buy and Sell
If "Edit + Sign" permission was given by the creator of the form, then you are able to edit fields that allow editing.
To edit the form follow these steps:
- On the form summary page of the Contract to Buy and Sell, tap on the action menu and tap "Edit"
- If the contract is locked then you will receive a prompt to unlock the form
- Make the changes
- Press Save
Example of editing form as a listing agent
Sharing a form with your client
Share the form with a client that you are already have connected with or add a brand new client.
Steps to share a form with a client do the following;
- Select the form that you want to share
- On the form summary page, select share
- Tap on an existing client on the deal or add a new client to the deal. Note: to share the form you have to add the client to the deal.
- To add a new client: tap on the "+" icon next to "Clients on Deal" and enter their email address. Once added then you will be taking back to form share.
- The clients you select will be highlighted at the bottom. You can give each client different permissions such as view, sign, or sign + edit.
- Press continue and the form has been shared!
Example of adding an existing client
Open the offer in Mevi and click on the form "Contract to Buy and Sell" to get to the form summary page, then click on the "Share" button. Add your client by entering their email or select their profile card if already on the deal.
Enabling Signatures (Assigning)
If you are ready for your client to sign the offer and you have not already enabled them to sign it. Simply follow these steps:
- Open up form summary page
- Click on the "share" button
- On the client card click on the dropdown to open the menu and select "Sign"
- Click save and off it goes! They will be notified to sign the document and you will receive a notification once they signed it
Example of enabling signing to a client on a form
Creating a Counterproposal
Creating a counterproposal can be done once the contract to buy and sell has been shared or uploaded into the deal.
Steps to create a counter
- On the deal detail page tap the "+' next to form
- Note: You can also tap "Counter" on the contract to buy and sell form summary page
- In the form list select "Counterproposal"
- Start the form by either creating one through Mevi Smart Technology or Uploading your own.
- Notice that the data for the counterproposal is coming from the contract to buy and sell that is on the deal.
- If you use Mevi Smart Contract, work through the form workflow.
- Click save and your counter is done!
- Share it with your client for signatures and back across to the other agent
- How to assign signatures
- Share Forms
Example of creating a counterproposal
Downloading a PDF
Once in View Contract (PDF) mode, tap the download icon.
Example of downloading a PDF
Signing a form
If you are ready to sign the offer you can do so by following these simple steps,
- On the contract to buy and sell form summary page, click on the "sign" button.
- Enter your legal information if not already done so,
- Continue into the signing ceremony, scroll or press the arrow in the header bar to get to your signing block.
- Sign with your signature and tap Continue.
- Signature is now complete!
Example of signing a contract to buy and sell